Re: JDBC gripe list

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
>
>> it would be done in a transaction otherwise what is the point ?
>
> That's a fair question.  A batch will almost always run faster if
> done as a single transaction which either runs in its entirety or
> fails in its entirety.  What is the reason for wanting to use batch
> processing if not for speed?  I think we need to see a reasonable
> use case from someone advocating this change in order to justify it.
> (Note: "It works in MySQL" won't cut it.)

And I think this brings up an important point.
In general the driver does what makes sense to do in postgres where
given the flexibility in the spec.
Sometimes this is not what the rest of the world does.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca