Fwd: Streaming Replication: Checkpoint_segment and wal_keep_segments on standby

От Fujii Masao
Тема Fwd: Streaming Replication: Checkpoint_segment and wal_keep_segments on standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> The patch adds the document about the relationship between a restartpoint
>> and checkpoint_segments parameter.
>
> Thanks, committed with minor editorialization

Thanks.

>      There will always be at least one WAL segment file, and will normally
+1
> +    or <varname>checkpoint_segments</> + <xref linkend="guc-wal-keep-segments"> + 1
>      files.  Each segment file is normally 16 MB (though this size can be
>      altered when building the server).  You can use this to estimate space
>      requirements for <acronym>WAL</acronym>.

Sorry, I was wrong here. The correct formula is:

    (2 + checkpoint_completion_target) * checkpoint_segments +
wal_keep_segments + 1

The attached patch fixes this fault. And I attached the PDF file which
illustrates the proof of the formula.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao