Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences

От A B
Тема Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Turn off fsync and full_page_writes (i.e. running with scissors).
> Also depends on what you mean by "as fast as possible".  Fast at doing
> what?  Bulk inserts, selecting from massive tables?

I guess some tuning has to be done to make it work well with the
particular workload (in this case most selects). But thanks for the
suggestions on the more general parameters.

"running with scissors" sounds nice :-)

Сообщение: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Сообщение: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences