Re: Can't use pgAdmin Version 10.12.1

От Massa, Harald Armin
Тема Re: Can't use pgAdmin Version 10.12.1
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello Monika,

I just got reassured by  Dave on the list that pgadmin3 in its newest incarnation is build with visual C 9.

So, you can either:

a) try to put the corresponding Microsoft-Visual-C Libraries into the directory with the pgadmin3.exe (that would be msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll; I suspect that C 9.0 is marketing-called 2008, so the link would be: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en)

b) dig deeper into the problem, by using depends.exe, which is part of that toolkit:

after downloading & extracting, use depends.exe with pgadmin3.exe; it will show you the missing libraries (my guess is still the microsoft visual C runtime library)

(for later googlers of this message: in the past Microsoft did not care to preserve its URLs ... so those may be invalid shortly after now)

Best wishes,

Harald