Re: Todays git migration results

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Todays git migration results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 20:11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Attached is a ZIP file with the diffs generated when converting the
>> cvs repo to git based off a cvs snapshot from this morning. It
>> contains a diff file for every branch and every tag present. (If a
>> file is missing, that means there were no diffs for that branch/tag).
>
>> It's a lot of diffs - 135. But many of those are because the exact sam
>> ething is in all tags on a branch. The directory "unique" contains one
>> copy of a unique set of diffs (doesn't look at the individual changes,
>> just the complete diff file), which is "only" 30 different files.
>
>> As before, almost everything seems related to the initial import and
>> vendor branch. There is nothing in any code.
>
> I'm curious about the discrepancies in the $Date$ tags in some of the
> doc/FAQ_xxx files.  It's surely not a showstopper, but I'd feel better
> if we understood the cause of that.  Everything else seems to be
> disagreement about the vendor branch version numbers, which I'm happy
> to write off as a conversion artifact.
>
> The other thing that I'd like to see some data on is the commit log
> entries.  Can we produce anything comparable to cvs2cl output from
> the test repository?

For a single branch, just do "git log <branchname>", e.g. "git log
master" or "git log REL8_2_STABLE" on your clone.

Is that enough, or do you need one for all branches at once?

(if you don't have a local clone of it, lmk and I can generate that
output for you)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/