Debug works, Release not

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Debug works, Release not
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

have you ever had the problem, that a Debug build works on windows and the Release does not?
The problem is an access violation during appending items to a combobox.

I tried to disable optimization, without success.
It's difficult to provide a patch now, because the changes are not small. Here is the problem line. I've also tried to remove "if(connection->pgAgentMinimumVersion(4))".
I've included the upper section (pga_jobclass) to demonstrate the similarity of the code - this works well!

I've added the cbEmailNotType-Combobox to the xrc file and also a pointer to it. Have I forgotten something important, that is required for a successful release?

File: dlgJob.cpp

#define cbEmailNotType CTRL_COMBOBOX("cbEmailNotType")

    pgSet *jcl=connection->ExecuteSet(wxT("SELECT jclname FROM pgagent.pga_jobclass"));
    if (jcl)
    {
        while (!jcl->Eof())
        {
            cbJobclass->Append(jcl->GetVal(0));
            jcl->MoveNext();
        }
        delete jcl;
    }
if(connection->pgAgentMinimumSchemaVersion(4))
{
pgSet *mnk = connection->ExecuteSet(wxT("SELECT jmntypename FROM pgagent.pga_jobmailnottype"));
if(mnk)
{
while(!mnk->Eof())
{
cbEmailNotType->Append(mnk->GetVal(0));
mnk->MoveNext();
}
delete mnk;
}

}

If there is not an obvious reason, I will send a complete patch until weekend.

Regards,
Jasmin