Re: proposal: tuplestore, tuplesort aggregate functions

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: tuplestore, tuplesort aggregate functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

> I'll test both variant first. Maybe there are not any significant
> difference between them. Now nodeAgg can build, fill a tuplesort. So I
> think is natural use it. It needs only one - skip a calling a
> transident function and directly call final function with external
> tuplesort. Minimally you don't need 2x same code.

yesterday I did a small test. Aggregates without transident functions
are only about 2% faster, so there has no sense thinking more about
them.  I'll send a patch with median and percentile functions
immediately - these functions are implemented like usual aggregates.

Regards

Pavel