Re: small smgrcreate cleanup patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: small smgrcreate cleanup patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 20/08/10 16:30, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> I really like the idea of trying to use network-based storage in some
>> way.  Gigabit Ethernet is a big I/O channel.
>
> NFS?

I don't particularly trust NFS to be either reliable or performant for
database use.  Do you?  And what if you want additional functionality,
like sharding or mirroring?  ISTM that something built around a custom
protocol that mimics exactly what we need from the smgr layer would be
a lot easier to set up and a lot easier to be confident in.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company