Re: a query on stored procedures/functions in pgsql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: a query on stored procedures/functions in pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

2010/10/21 Neil D'Souza <neil.xavier.dsouza@gmail.com>:

>> You have same plpgsql identifiers as sql identifiers, and because
>> plpgsql identifiers has higher priority, your query is broken. For
>> simple functions like this don't use a plpgsql language - use sql
>> language instead.
>>

> Thank you for the quick reply. The example I constructed was
> specifically for this post. I modified the function as below and it
> works fine now. It would be great if the point you mentioned was a
> note in the PGSQL Documentation (or did I miss it). In case I didnt
> miss it, Is there anyone I have to write to, to help get this note in?

yes, it's probably undocumented :(. see - unofficial plpgsql
documentation
http://www.pgsql.cz/index.php/PL/pgSQL_%28en%29#Recommendation_for_design_of_saved_procedures_in_PL.2FpqSQL_language

but it is solved on 9.0, where you will got adequate error message.

Regards

Pavel Stehule