Re: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17 October 2010 09:59, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
>> At the time that next_token gets called, we have no way of knowing
>> which field is currently being tokenised, at least not without doing
>> some serious rearrangement of hba.c, so that it tokenises and then
>> parses one token at a time, instead of tokenising the whole file and
>> then parsing all the lines.
>
> Good point.  Maybe the correct fix is to remember whether each token was
> quoted or not, so that keyword detection can be done safely after the
> initial lexing.  I still think that the current method is impossibly
> ugly ...

I'm happy to revise the patch on that basis.  Any suggestions about
how to communicate the 'quotedness' of each token?  We could make each
token a struct consisting of the token itself, plus a boolean flag to
indicate whether it had been quoted.  Does that work for you?

Cheers,
BJ