Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/11/9 David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>:
> On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> One possible way out is not to include these tests in the main test set
>> and instead require manual invocation.
>>
>> Better ideas?
>
> I've been talking to Nasby and Dunstan about adding a Test::More/pgTAP-based test suite to the core. It wouldn't run
withthe usual core suite used by developers, which would continue to use pg_regress. But they could run it if they
wanted(and had the prerequisites), and the build farm animals would run them regularly.

> The nice thing about using a TAP-based framework is that you can skip tests that don't meet platform requirements,
andcompare values within the tests, right where you write them, rather than in a separate file. You can also
dynamicallychange how you compare things depending on the environment, such as the locales that vary on different
platforms.

> Thoughts?

Are you thinking of a contrib module 'pgtap' that we can use to
accomplish the optionnal regression tests ?

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests