Re: why two dashes in extension load files

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: why two dashes in extension load files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/2/16 Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 14:12, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM, marcin mank <marcin.mank@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> how about : we use a single dash as the separator, and if the
>>> extension author insists on having a dash in the name, as a punishment
>>> he must duplicate the dash, i.e.:
>>> uuid--ossp-1.0--5.5.sql
>>
>> That has a certain poetic justice to it.
>
> Im not sure I see the poetic justice in trying to punish others for
> *our* arbitrary naming rules. *shrug*

We are going to push arbitrary rules anyway.
I now believe (after chating wiht Dim) that the current rules are the
less intrusive and the simplest at the time.
Obviously it is new rules, but after all the -- help a good visibility
for the human eye too.

my-2coolextension--1.2alpha--go2beta.sql ....