Re: Beta page (pdfs)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Beta page (pdfs)
Дата
Re: Beta page (pdfs)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-www
2010/9/16 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
>> On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 16:15 -0400, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
>>> Not sure if anyone cares or not - but the US pdf at
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta
>>> is saved as pdf 1.4 (Acrobat 5) - and is 18.4 meg
>
>> *AFAIK*, this is what we have on Linux. Right?
>
> Yeah, if you use the available open-source tools, that's the sort of
> size you get.  It's possible that we could make the PDF smaller if we
> passed it through Acrobat afterwards, but I'm not especially eager
> to inject a commercial app into the build process.

+1 on avoiding that.

I know a tool called "pdftk" can be used to recompress PDFs, but it
only moves the 9.0 alpha one from 19Mb to 18Mb in my tests, so I'm not
sure it's worth using.

Perhaps there's another tool that can generate it for us? Or does the
new pdf format use some secret new compression method?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/