Re: Unprivileged access to pgsql functions?

От Matt Warner
Тема Re: Unprivileged access to pgsql functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Bosco Rama <postgres@boscorama.com> wrote:
Matt Warner wrote:

> The function cannot be defined in the user's DB because "language C" is
> considered a security risk, so only the superuser can do that. Or that's
> what I get from reading anyway...

psql -U postgres -d user_db

will allow the superuser to then define the function in the user's DB.

Once there, you can grant access, if needed.

Bosco.

Success! Too much exposure to Oracle had me forgetting that the databases are separate in Postgres. D'oh!

Thank you very much!

Matt