Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Strange explain on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Gerald Fontenay <gvfontenay@lbl.gov> wrote:
> Thank you for your response. So if I query only my target child table, this
> should be "just like" any other single table wrt planning right? I have
> thousands of these tables. (I suppose that I'm only using inheritance for
> the sake of organization in this situation...)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect planning time to be affected by whether a
table has parents; only whether it has children.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem
Сообщение: Re: Questions on query planner, join types, and work_mem