Re: If I don't want Function overloading...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: If I don't want Function overloading...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Ralph Smith <rsmith@10kinfo.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm using 7.4,12, I can't help it.
> Is there a way to get the count of parameters to avoid overloading?

Considering you can overload like this:

functioname(arg1 int, arg2 int)
functioname(arg1 text, arg2 bigint)

and so on, parameter count won't get you out of it.

Why avoiding overloading?  You could put arg/count info in the name,
then they'd be uniquely named and obvious for what they do, if
awkwardly named.