Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
21:01,Magnus Hagander wrote:<br /> ><br /> > > Found another problem in it: when running with an older version
of<br/> > > dbghelp.dll (which I was), it simply didn't work. We need to grab the<br /> > > version of
wasabout to suggest dropping the fallback loading of the system<br /> > dbghelp.dll, and just bundle a suitable
versionwith Pg, then I saw how<br /> > big the DLL is. It's 800kb (!!) of code that'll hopefully never get used<br
/>> on any given system. With a footprint like that, bundling it seems<br /> > rather less attractive.<br />
asfar back as XP, anyway; who cares about anything<br /> > earlier than that. An updated version can always be put
inplace by the<br /> > user if the built-in one can't produce enough detail.<p>Did you get a chance to test that it
stillproduced a full dump on your system? <p>> > We use the existance of the "crashdumps" directory as an
indicationwe<br /> > > want crashdumps. That's fine when the system is up. But what if we<br /> > > crash
*inthe postmaster before we have done chdir()*?<br /> > ><br /> > > Should we perhaps instead define a
documentedsomewhere.Perhaps in "15.8 Platform Specific<br /> > > Notes"? That's really about building it, but it
mightbe reasonable<br /> > > there anyway? It does hold a number of things today that aren't<br /> > >
then.<p>/Magnus

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH
От: fanng yuan
Сообщение: about error handling mechanism