Re: wxWidgets 2.9 build

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: wxWidgets 2.9 build
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
I took another look at getting OGL to build against 2.9 this evening
(using Julian Smart's new and improved version with the ogl.tar.gz
bakefile), and was successful. I hacked the Makefile to add -fPIC to
CXXFLAGS. I'm working on a less hacky solution (basically, fixing the
included Bakefile). I don't think that the included samples (which are
are supposed to be built as binary executables) should have that flag.
When I run the "studio" sample from the tree directly, I get this
error:

[peter@localhost studio]$ ./ogl2
./ogl2: error while loading shared libraries:
libwxcode_gtk2u_ogl-2.9.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

This is despite the fact that the relevant .so appears to be available:

[peter@localhost lib]$ pwd
/usr/local/lib
[peter@localhost lib]$ ls -l *ogl*
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     28 Jan 22 20:48 libwxcode_gtk2u_ogl-2.9.so
-> libwxcode_gtk2u_ogl-2.9.so.0
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     32 Jan 22 20:48
libwxcode_gtk2u_ogl-2.9.so.0 -> libwxcode_gtk2u_ogl-2.9.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 676304 Jan 22 20:48 libwxcode_gtk2u_ogl-2.9.so.0.0.0

I'm also concerned that the make install step doesn't install headers
anywhere. I guess that there's an expectation that the end-user should
manage that. It's not particularly clear what we should do about this.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan