Re: Integer input functions for date and timestamp

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Integer input functions for date and timestamp
Дата
Re: Integer input functions for date and timestamp  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2010 06:15, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> a) you'd need to rename these.
>
> I'm open to that.  What names would you propose?
>
>> b) we'd also want the inverse of these, which would be extremely useful.
>
> Not a problem.

Ooh, I like it.  A related personal pet peeve of mine: AFAIK the
easiest way to convert from an integer number of seconds to an
interval representing that many seconds is:

(the_int || ' s')::interval

I guess we don't want to get too carried away with this, but has
anyone else gotten annoyed by this?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Сообщение: Re: Extensions, this time with a patch