Re: Explicit psqlrc

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Explicit psqlrc
Дата
Re: Explicit psqlrc  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 07:49 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> A further point is that it's very difficult to
>> keep track of progress if the CF page reflects a whole bunch of
>> supposedly "Waiting on Author" patches that are really quite
>> thoroughly dead.
>
> True, but the point under discussion is what to do if no reply is
> received from an author. That is something entirely different from a
> patch hitting a brick wall.
>
> We gain nothing by moving early on author-delay situations, so I suggest
> we don't.

No, we gain something quite specific and tangible, namely, the
expectation that patch authors will stay on top of their patches if
they want them reviewed by the community.  If that expectation doesn't
seem important to you, feel free to try running a CommitFest without
it.  If you can make it work, I'll happily sign on.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company