Re: Forums at postgresql.com.au

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Forums at postgresql.com.au
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 16:14, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Dave Page's message of vie nov 19 11:43:34 -0300 2010:
>> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Elliot Chance <elliotchance@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > However if I had signed up to the forum (and not the mailing list) my From would have to be subscribed for the
mailinglist to accept it like:
>> > Elliot Chance <forums@postgresql.com.au>
>> > John Smith <forums@postgresql.com.au>
>> > ... etc.
>> >
>> > OK, so after a brief background I'd like to organise a solution. Without any other feasible option would this
genericaddress system be allowed?

>> I wouldn't be happy with that as it prevents private replies to the
>> author and would make it easy to send what was intended as a private
>> reply to the public forums by mistake.
>
> Isn't that a secondary use case, though?  It would be easy to solve this
> by providing a URL to the post in the forum that you can click; assuming
> the forum interface gives you the option to reply privately.

That would pretty much make it impossible to use offline.

That would be annoying, but I guess survivable. But how would that
work for a user that hasn't signed up for the forum? How does it
verify the sender?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/