Re: Standby registration

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Standby registration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> What if the number of standby entries in standby.conf is more than
> max_wal_senders? This situation is allowed if we treat standby.conf
> as just access control list like pg_hba.conf. But if we have to ensure
> that all the registered standbys can connect to the master, we should
> emit the error in that case.

I don't think a cross-check between these settings makes much sense.
We should either get rid of max_wal_senders and make it always equal
to the number of defined standbys, or we should treat them as
independent settings.

> Should we allow standby.conf to be changed and reloaded while the
> server is running?

Yes.

> But what if the
> reloaded standby.conf has no entry for already connected standby?

We kick him out?

> Should we allow multiple standbys with the same name to connect to
> the master?

No.  The point of naming them is to uniquely identify them.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company