Re: Store base64 in database. Use bytea or text?

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: Store base64 in database. Use bytea or text?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2011/1/26 Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net>
On 1/25/2011 4:27 PM, Andre Lopes wrote:
Hi,

I need to put some images on Base64 in a PostgreSQL database. Wich
type should I use and what is the difference between using bytea or
text to store Base64?

Best Regards,

If they are encoded in base64, use text.  Use bytea if you dont want to encode them.
Or *store* in bytea by using decode() function and retrieve
in base64 by using encode() function.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/functions-string.html

-Andy