Re: Seg fault on PQconnectdb

От Joe La Frite
Тема Re: Seg fault on PQconnectdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 16:06, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Joe La Frite <joelafrite84@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I'm trying to use libpq in my application, but it crashes with a seg fault
> > when trying to connect. The call stack is as follows : malloc_consolidate <
> > _int_malloc < malloc < makeEmptyPGconn < PQconnectStart < PQconnectdb < my
> > own application.
> > I have no clue as to what causes this. Sample programs that only do a call
> > to PQconnectdb work fine. My application uses a complex build script so I
> > suspect it may be a compiling or linking problem, but there are no errors
> > reported, and ldd points to the correct version of libpq.so.
> > I've tried googling but could not find anything useful. I would really
> > appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!
> > (English is not my first language so I apologize if there are mistakes or
> > I'm not being very clear.)
> > Joe L.F.
>
> hm, crashing in malloc.  is your application multi threaded?
>
> merlin

No, single thread only.

Tough after some testing, I'm fairly sure the problem isn't caused by
libpq at all. I think the heap gets corrupted at some point before the
call to PQconnectdb is made, as replacing the call by a simple void*
test = malloc(10) causes it to crash as well.

Thanks for replying anyway. :)