pgAdmin III: crash when trying to save edited pg_hba.conf

От Nikhil S
Тема pgAdmin III: crash when trying to save edited pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

The following set of operations induce a crash in the latest git code base:

1. Open pgAdmin III
2. Go to File Menu->Open Postgressql.conf
3. From data folder select pg_hba.conf file and open it
4. The file opens successfully
5. Now select any setting ("port" for example) and add a Value and Comment to it
6. A save of this induces a crash

The issue appears to be in the dlgMainConfig::dlgMainConfig() function. If there is no old setting present, the item->newLine object uses the default constructor. This does not set the item->newLine->item field at all.

While eventually saving this via frmMainConfig::WriteFile() function, we end up accessing the null "item" field causing this segmentation fault. The fix is to set this field properly inside the dlgMainConfig call above. Is my reasoning and the attached fix correct? Please let me know.

Regards,
Nikhils
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Patch to support SSL certificate connections
Сообщение: Re: Patch to support SSL certificate connections