Foreign keys

От Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Тема Foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All

I'm having a problem with Postgresql v. 7.2.
When I create a table and add a foreign key as a table constraint I get
a parse error, but when I add it as a column constraint it works.
This is what I've tried:

CREATE TABLE "alarm_schedule" (
   "alarm_schedule_id" SERIAL NOT NULL,
   "day_of_week" int2 NOT NULL,
   "user_id" int4 NOT NULL,
   "send_email" bool NOT NULL,
   "send_sms" bool NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY ("alarm_schedule_id"),
   FOREIGN KEY "user_id" REFERENCES smartlight_user ("user_id")
);

I get this error:
2002-04-22 13:04:53 [21193]  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """

But when I do this:

CREATE TABLE "alarm_schedule" (
   "alarm_schedule_id" SERIAL NOT NULL,
   "day_of_week" int2 NOT NULL,
   "user_id" int4 NOT NULL REFERENCES smartlight_user ("user_id"),
   "send_email" bool NOT NULL,
   "send_sms" bool NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY ("alarm_schedule_id")
);

It works.

Any ideas?

Note:    If you receive this twice it's because I sent it to
pgsql-general@postgres.org first.
But it's been hours since I sent it so I figured I'd try
pgsql-general@postgresql.org instaed.

Best regards,
Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Systems Developer