Re: Opportunity for a Radical Changes in Database Software

От J. Andrew Rogers
Тема Re: Opportunity for a Radical Changes in Database Software
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 25, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Dan wrote:
> In looking at current developments in computers, it seems we're
> nearing
> a point where a fundamental change may be possible in databases...
> Namely in-memory databases which could lead to huge performance
> improvements.
> The sites that use it see incredible performance increases, but
> often at
> the cost of not being able to provide versioned results that are
> guaranteed to be accurate.
>
> The big questions are then, how would you create a distributed in-
> memory
> database?

Everything you are looking for is here:

http://web.mit.edu/dna/www/vldb07hstore.pdf

It is the latest Stonebraker et al on massively distributed in-memory
OLTP architectures.

J. Andrew Rogers

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extract catalog info for error reporting before an error actually