Re: Small code cleanup

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Small code cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jun 1, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> One line change to remove a duplicate check.
>
> The comment just above this mentions a connection to the "Finish printing
> the footer information about a table" stanza below.  I think some work is
> needed to clarify what's going on there --- it doesn't seem actually
> buggy, but there are multiple lies embedded in these comments.  I'm also
> questioning somebody's decision to wedge partitioning into this logic
> without refactoring any existing if's, as they seem to have done.  At the
> very least we're issuing useless queries here, for instance looking for
> inheritance parents of matviews.

Yeah, I noticed the `git blame` last night when writing the patch that you had originally wrote the code around 2017,
andthat the duplication was introduced in a patch committed by others around 2018.  I was hoping that you, as the
originalauthor, or somebody involved in the 2018 patch, might have a deeper understanding of what's being done and
volunteerto clean up the comments.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company