Re: psql and md5

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: psql and md5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 2, 2004, at 1:21 PM, Simon Windsor wrote:

> You can always generate the md5 password using perl/php and store the
> password
> in database. I believe the next version of pgsql will have an internal
> md5
> function.

psql is a client application. It supports md5 as an authentication
method to the server, but the password provided to psql must be plain
text as far as I can tell. My goal here is to store some psql
connection information in something like the pgpass file, but I don't
want to leave passwords without some kind of protection.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.