Re: psql and readline

От Eric B.Ridge
Тема Re: psql and readline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I've been following this thread, and I thought this might be a good
place and time to throw in a few additional feature requests.

What about expanding the history capabilities of psql's history command
(\s) to include something more bash/tcsh-like?  For example:
   !insert      -- execute the last command that began with "insert"
   !23      -- execute item #23 in my history

The above would require \s to output history index numbers.  Might also
be cool if it would (optionally) truncate each line at the console
width, so it would be a little easier to read.

And what about some kind of switch to tell psql to combine multi-line
commands into 1.  So if I type a big select on 5 lines, after executing
it, it appears as 1 entry in my history.  Say something like \ss for
"history Single" and \sv for "history Verbatim" (or whatever).

Thanks for your time.

eric