Re: [doc] modifying unit from characters to bytes

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [doc] modifying unit from characters to bytes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 8 Jul 2020, at 04:25, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>
> On 2020/07/08 10:54, torikoshia wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The manual describes the size of pg_stat_activity.query
>> as below:
>>  | By default the query text is truncated at 1024 characters;
>> When considering multibyte characters, it seems more
>> accurate to change the unit from "characters" to "bytes".
>
> Agreed. Barring any objection, I will commit this patch.

+1 to commit this patch, following the link to track_activity_query_size it's
even specified to be bytes there.  IIRC the NULL terminator is also included in
the 1024 bytes which prevents it from being 1024 characters even for
non-multibyte.

cheers ./daniel