Re: Feature: POSIX Shared memory support, round 2

От Chris Marcellino
Тема Re: Feature: POSIX Shared memory support, round 2
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
That is strange, because the majority of the comments are new. Much
of the code and comments are reused from the SysV code because, you
know, this is an enhancement. The comments that are left serve a
purpose.
In PGSharedMemoryCreate, this implementation avoids the need to tell
if live backends are attached to an existing segment, since exisiting
segments are not reattached to--the old segments are cleared when the
live orphan backends die.
I would love to hear some specific, less sweeping, comments about how
the code is actually written and functions. Otherwise, I'll try to
refactor this and return once again.

Thank you,
Chris Marcellino