Re: Libpq is very slow on windows but fast on linux.

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Libpq is very slow on windows but fast on linux.
Дата
Re: Libpq is very slow on windows but fast on linux.  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 10 Nov 2010, at 5:19, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> Further testing shows it is windows networking causing the issue.
> Copying files to and from the server is 5 to 6 times slower on a
> Windows client compared to the Linux client.
>
> The issue is not specific to libpq.

Do both machines have similar hardware? If the Linux machine has a proper NIC (intel, for example) while the Windows
machinehas a poor NIC (Realtek!), then of course you would get differences in performance.

I'm not saying Microsofts network stack is particularly good, mind you, just that it isn't necessarily the main cause.
Oneof the problems Windows is facing is that, while supporting a lot of hardware is a good thing in general, it also
supportsall the crap hardware, crap drivers and crap ACPI implementations.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4cda484310265265216060!

Сообщение: Re: Libpq is very slow on windows but fast on linux.
Сообщение: Re: Libpq is very slow on windows but fast on linux.