Re: Rearchitecting for storage

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Rearchitecting for storage
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> That would likely keep the extra storage requirements small, but still non-zero.  Presumably the upgrade would be
unnecessaryif it could be done without rewriting files.  Is there any rule of thumb for making sure one has enough
spaceavailable for the upgrade?   I suppose that would come down to what exactly needs to get rewritten, in what order,
etc.,but the pg_upgrade docs don't seem to have that detail.  For example, since we've got an ~18TB table (including
itsindices), if that needs to be rewritten then we're still looking at requiring significant extra storage.  Recent
experiencesuggests postgres won't necessarily do things in the most storage-efficient way.. we just had a reindex on
thatdatabase fail (in --single-user) because 17TB was insufficient free storage for the db to grow into.

Can you afford to drop and re-create those 6 indices?

От: "Elaina Gerhold"
Сообщение: Payroll Potential Business Lead
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: Rearchitecting for storage