Re: SELECT INTO deprecation

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: SELECT INTO deprecation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2 Dec 2020, at 12:54, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> While reading about deprecating and removing various things in other threads, I was wondering about how deprecated
SELECTINTO is.  There are various source code comments about this, but the SELECT INTO reference page only contains
softlanguage like "recommended".  I'm proposing the attached patch to stick a more explicit deprecation notice right at
thetop.

+   This command is deprecated.  Use <link
Should this get similar strong wording to other deprecated things where we add
"..and may/will eventually be removed"?

> I also found some gratuitous uses of SELECT INTO in various tests and documentation (not ecpg or plpgsql of course).
Hereis a patch to adjust those to CREATE TABLE AS.

I didn't scan for others, but the ones included in the 0001 patch all looks
fine and IMO improves readability.

cheers ./daniel

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: SELECT INTO deprecation
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: proposal: unescape_text function