RES: The best book

От Elielson Fontanezi
Тема RES: The best book
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to answer me.
You was very kindly to write me a so nice text. :-)

E.F.:> The "best book" for you really depends on what you are after!
E.F.:>
E.F.:> Are you interested in a book which is easy to read, gives good
E.F.:> foundational concepts, and gives you decent skills with
E.F.:> PostgreSQL, but
E.F.:> may not make you a guru?

Justin, I am a Oracle DBA and nowadways I need to be a Postgres guru.
I love to study all of things about databases. Since I am the only
responsible for postgres project in my company (PRODAM), I want
and need to know all about postgres.

I think I just know the basics. I want know detail about WAL,
configuration variables and so on.

E.F.:>
E.F.:> Or, are you more after a book which is more technically
E.F.:> advanced and
E.F.:> challenging, and assumes you have already learnt the
E.F.:> easier stuff?

    Yes, I am.

E.F.:> There are also reference volumes available (if that's
E.F.:> what you're after,
E.F.:> but it doesn't sound like it).

    I have interests about a reference volumes.

E.F.:> The online books which are available have a decent
E.F.:> amount of material in
E.F.:> them too, and you can buy hard copies of them so you
E.F.:> have them nearby at
E.F.:> all times.

    Where can I find these online books?

E.F.:> So... for us to *really* be able to give you good
E.F.:> suggestions, we really
E.F.:> need to know more about what you're truly needing.
E.F.:>
E.F.:> Hope that helps.
E.F.:>
E.F.:>