Re: simple function index question

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: simple function index question
Дата
Re: simple function index question  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-sql

From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Michael Moore
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:14 AM
To: postgres list <pgsql-sql@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] simple function index question

Thanks guys,

I agree that the data model is suspect. I'm trying to convert from Oracle to Postgres and changing table structures is not really an option for me. I tried casting the null, ... same problem. It does not like the undefined record type as David is saying. I will try his solution and let you know how it goes.

Interestingly a version of this:

CREATE INDEX TX_QSET_DIR_MAP_PRI_URI_TYP_UK

  ON tx_question_set_dir_map

  USING btree

  (question_set2tx_question_set ,uri_type,

  (CASE WHEN uri_type = 201900 THEN null::varchar(100)

     ELSE question_set_dir_map_key END);

Worked for me.  Try it if you are still interested.

Just do proper casting of null (it was varchar(100) in my case).

Regards,

Igor Neyman

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: simple function index question
Сообщение: Re: simple function index question