Re: Running out of memory on vacuum

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: Running out of memory on vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Ioana,

You are probably correct that manual vacuum just highlights the problem, causing it to occur sooner rather than later.

The real problem is the number of connections, your hardware isn't good enough to support over a 100 of connections.
Connection pooler is needed, but not JDBC connection pooling, which probably does nothing for you.

I'd suggest that server-side connection pooler would fix your problem, if set up properly.
Take a look at PgBouncer.  It is "lightweight", very easy to install and configure.  I've been using it for years and
havenothing but the praise for it.

Igor Neyman