Re: Using Ltree For Hierarchical Structures

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: Using Ltree For Hierarchical Structures
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

From: Don Parris [mailto:parrisdc@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:21 PM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Using Ltree For Hierarchical Structures

Hi all,
With many thanks to Misa and others who helped out with my question about working with hierarchical data, I have now
writtena blog post on how I implemented the ltree module to solve my problem.

http://dcparris.net/2013/02/24/using-ltree-hierarchical-postgresql/
Frankly, if you work with hierarchical data, I'm not sure I could recommend it strongly enough.  I should think that
evenexperienced, advanced SQL gurus would appreciate the simplicity ltree offers, when compared to the ugly table
designsand recursive queries in order to work with hierarchical structures.
I really hope this blog post will help others in the same boat.

Regards,
Don

It's all "in the eyes of beholder".
IMHO, recursive CTEs are perfect for hierarchical structures, and much cleaner than 2-table design using ltree, that
youshow in the blog.

Regards,
Igor Neyman

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: