Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> PostgreSQL itself seems to use export files that explicitly declare the
>> exported symbols, so it gets away without these decorations.
>
> Except that we don't.  There aren't PGDLLEXPORT markings for any
> functions exported from contrib modules, and we don't use dlltool
> on them either.  By your argument, none of contrib would work on
> Windows builds at all, but we have a ton of buildfarm evidence and
> successful field use to the contrary.  How is that all working?

I thought it was the job of src/tools/msvc/gendef.pl to generate
.DEF files?  In the buildfarm logs I can find lines like:
 Generating CITEXT.DEF from directory Release\citext, platform x64 Generating POSTGRES_FDW.DEF from directory
Release\postgres_fdw,platform x64

which are emitted by gendef.pl.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe