Re: 2 questions

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: 2 questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
anj patnaik wrote:
> I've got 2 more questions. The cron job is now setup and email gets generated with proper body.
>
> I've one setup with NFS which appears to work smoothly. Now soon, I will be given a Linux VM on a
> different physical server, but will retain my NFS mount. I've installed Postgres 9.4 using the
> graphical installer and specified the directory for the nfs mount.
>
> 1) When I move to the new VM, can I keep using that NFS mount without having to do a re-install of PG?
> This would be a different physical machine.

I don't know what the graphical installer does.
If all you want to share is the PostgreSQL software, you can certainly use an NFS mount
for that as long as the architecture is the same on all machines.
But there may be other things necessary for running PostgreSQL, for example
startup scripts, that you may want to have everywhere.

> 2) I have a cron job that deletes log files older than 10 days, but I am noticing rather large log
> files. Is there a way to limit the size of log files?

There is the log_rotation_size parameter that limits the size of an individual
log file, but it won't reduce the overall amount of log.

> users do upserts and they are valid, but those are getting dumped as error statements. I set the
> verbosity to "terse", but still seeing lots of log output.
>
> My settings are as follows:
[...]
>  log_min_error_statement     | error                          |

Change that to "fatal", and the error messages will no longer be in the log.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe