Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
anj patnaik wrote:
> Can anyone advise if there are problems running postgres over NFS mounted partitions?
>
> I do need reliability and high speed.

I have got the advice not to use NFS from a number of people who should know,
but there are also knowledgable people who use PostgreSQL with NFS.

You need hard foreground mounts, and you need an NFS server that is
guaranteed not to lose data that the client has synced to disk.

You should probably only consider storage systems that directly
support NFS, and you should run performance and reliability tests.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe