Re: Tainted kernel possible caused by postgresql

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Tainted kernel possible caused by postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Norbert Kiam Maclang wrote:
> I've been experiencing tainted kernel which is my guess caused by postgresql and I don't know where to
> start. I also guess that this might be a kernel issue. I tried 3.13.0-49 and 3.13.0-53 but no good
> results. This is happening on 2 of our Ubuntu 14.04.2 servers with postgresql-9.3 version 9.3.5-
> 0ubuntu0.14.04.1. I am also using the same postgresql version and kernel to other 10 14.04.2 servers
> and doesn't seem to encounter this problem. Below is the kernel log:

[...]
> kernel: [653314.516073] CPU: 1 PID: 32055 Comm: postgres Tainted: G        W     3.13.0-53-generic #89-Ubuntu
[...]

I don't see how PostgreSQL, which runs entirely in user space, could taint a kernel.

The line above indicates that there has been a kernel warning.
Try to locate it in the kernel log, it might help you understand what has happened.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe