Re: newbee, about a bulk loading from a cdv file

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: newbee, about a bulk loading from a cdv file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Alonso Isidoro Roman wrote:
> hi, i am just trying to do a bulk data loading using this way and i am finding problems. I have just
> created an user in my system, tom/mypass, then i have just created the user and the database, then the
> tables:

[...]

> TrialDB=> \copy core2door(id,key,type,label,longitude,latitude,parent_id) FROM
> '/Users/aironman/Documents/tektroniks/fake_data_entity.csv' WITH DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER;
> /Users/aironman/Documents/tektroniks/fake_data_entity.csv: Permission denied
>
> permission denied too!
>
> As you can see, the cdv file have every permission:
>
> MacBook-Pro-Retina-de-Alonso:tektroniks aironman$ ls -l fake_data_entity.csv
> -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 aironman staff 351 sep 15 09:53 fake_data_entity.csv
>
> what do i am doing wrong?

This seems to be an operating system problem rather than a PostgreSQL problem,
and I don't know Mac OS, but I'd suspect that even though you have the permissions
on the file itself, you might lack permissions to traverse the directories where
it is.

What do you get when you try to read the file with a different program (e.g. "cat")?
Can cou "cd" into the directory where the file is?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe