Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> After sleeping on it, I have put my hands on the postgres_fdw portion and came up with a largely
> simplified flow, resulting in the patch attached.

[...]

> Ronan, what do you think of those patches? I have nothing more to add, and I think that they should be
> looked by a committer. Particularly the FDW API that is perhaps not the best fit, but let's see some
> extra opinions about that.

I looked the the API and ist documentation, and while I saw no problem with the API,
I think that the documentation still needs some attention:

It mentions a "local_schema", which doesn't exist (any more?).
It should be mentioned that the CreateForeignTableStmt's
base.relation->schemaname should be set to NULL.
Also, it would be nice to find a few words for "options",
maybe explaining a potential application.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe