Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jason Petersen wrote:
> Yes, we obviously want a virtual clock. Focusing on the use of gettimeofday seems silly to me: it was
> something quick for the prototype.
>
> The problem with the clocksweeps is they don’t actually track the progression of “time” within the
> PostgreSQL system.

Would it make sense to just cache the result of the latest gettimeofday() call
and use that as an approximation for wall time?
The busier the system is, the more accurate that should be.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?