Re: could not create lock file postmaster.pid: No such file or directory, but file does exist

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: could not create lock file postmaster.pid: No such file or directory, but file does exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rob Goethals wrote:
> OK, clear. I hereby send this reply also to the list.

Cool.

>> Interesting.
>> How did you get PostgreSQL into this state?  Did you set fsync=off or similar?
>> Which storage did you put pg_xlog on?

> 2014-02-15 00:49:04 CET  LOG:  WAL writer process (PID 1127) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted

Ouch.

> Furthermore I checked my conf-file and my fsync is indeed set to off.

Well, that is one reason why crash recovery is not working.

> I mounted a directory on a NTFS network-disk (because of the available size and considering the amount
> of OSM-data is pretty big). This is where I put all my database data, so also the pg_xlog.

Double ouch.
CIFS is not a supported file system.

At least that explains your problems.
Try with a local file system or NFS with hard foreground mount.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe