Re: potential bug in error message in with clause

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: potential bug in error message in with clause
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Szymon Guz wrote:
> today on IRC there was a strange problem shown. The small working example looks like this:
>
> x=# with x as (insert into a(t) values('1') returning *) select * from x;
> ---
>  1
> (1 row)
>
> x=# with x (insert into a(t) values('1') returning *) select * from x;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "into"
> LINE 1: with x (insert into a(t) values('1') returning *) select * f...
>                        ^
>
> The initial code was run on 9.2; I've checked that on 9.4devel.
>
> The error message is really not useful, as there is missing "as" after "with x". There is no problem
> with "into".

I don't think that's a bug.

A parenthesis after with_query_name introduces the list of column
names for the WITH-query, and it complains that there is no comma
or closing parenthesis after "insert".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY
Сообщение: Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY