Re: LDAP: bugfix and deprecated OpenLDAP API

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: LDAP: bugfix and deprecated OpenLDAP API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> In that case, doesn't this patch break Windows? We no longer do the
> anonymous bind on Windows, since it's now in the #ifdef HAVE_LIBLDAP.
>
> Don't we need to keep the ldap_simple_bind() call in the Windows case,
> or break it up so the call to ldap_sasl_bind_s() is moved outside the
> #ifdef? At least I can't find anything in the docs that indicate that
> ldap_connect() on Windows would actually call that for us - only the
> other way around?

This patch works for the Windows case, because ldap_connect performs
an anonymous bind, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366171%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
 If the call to ldap_connect succeeds, the client is connected to the LDAP server as an anonymous user. The session
handleshould be freed with a call to ldap_unbind when it is no longer required.

> I'm going to set this patch as returned with feedback for now, but
> please feel free to comment on above and possibly resubmit if
> necessary before the CF and I'll see if I can deal with it before the
> next CF anyway, as it's a bug fix.

The patch should still be good, but if we keep the deprecated
OpenLDAP API, it might be more consistent to use ldap_simple_bind_s
instead of ldap_sasl_bind_s.

If you agree, I'll change that.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe