Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

От Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists
Тема Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 27 Sep 2009, at 21:10, InterRob <rob.marjot@gmail.com> wrote:

Peter, may I invite you to privately share some more details on the system you are using and the design of it? Did you implement it using PostgreSQL? Looking forward to your reply.
(And with respect to your previous message: whom are you actually referring to by the acronym "OPs"?)

Or publicly? I for one would be interested hearing more. From situations I've come across, EAV seems to be proposed when either
1) attributes are very numerous and values very sparse
2) people want to be able to quickly add (and remove?) attributes
My feeling is it's probably valid for 1, at least I haven't come across anything better, but not for 2.

Regards
Oliver

www.gtwm.co.uk - company

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL reads each 8k block - no larger blocks are used - even on sequential scans
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL reads each 8k block - no larger blocks are used - even on sequential scans